This page provides a list of packages necessary to make NFS client work over IPv6. This includes :
- kernel patches to provide the support of IPv6 in the sunrpc code and in the NFS client code,
- a new TI-RPC (Transport Independent RPC) library and a rpcbind portmapper
to allow the support of protocols other than the INET udp/tcp protocols
by the user RPC implementation,
- Modified nfs-utils packages to provide the support of IPv6 in the NFS mount commands.
IPv6 have been progressively integrated by Chuck Lever since 2.6.12. Use at least 2.6.22.
- First of all, install TI-RPC that enable the use of IPv6 in RPC. It is available here
- The rpcbind is also needed to provide rpcbind/rpcinfo commands. It is available here
- An IPv6-ready nfs-utils package is needed to modify mount.nfs command. A modified package is available in version 1.0.10 here